When it comes to designing a space for men that looks and feels good, Designer Man Cave collaborates with each individual client to achieve and create your vision.
The interior update process could be as simple as buying a new bed, updating your soft furnishings, re-designing entire rooms or furnishing your whole space.
Our passion is to align your vision, your work life and your lifestyle to the furniture and accessories that surround you in your home, so it becomes the perfect place for you to relax and enjoy - your sanctuary.
No two interiors are the same because no two people are the same. Your home is uniquely yours, tailored to your lifestyle. That's what Designer Man Cave does.
What we provide you
Designer Man Cave specialises in bachelor pad interior design and decoration of homes and spaces for men.
We take you on a uniquely tailored and exciting journey to find and select new furniture, art and accessories for your home.
Our Founder and Head Designer Kate, will personally select the type, size, style and functionality of pieces for you and your space.
Designer Man Cave designs and transforms apartments and houses with a signature style of modern minimalism, whilst carefully selecting quality products that gives client's functionality and longevity for years to come.
The Designer Man Cave Philosophy
Kate is often asked how this very exclusive niche business came about.
In Kate’s many years in the design and decorating industry she identified that many of her male clients wanted to be surrounded by simplistic, functional and luxury furnishings and pieces in their bachelor pads and homes.
It became clear quite quickly to Kate that men have specific needs when it comes to how they would like their homes furnished, not only in the aesthetics but also the functionality. With this vision, Kate launched Designer Man Cave.
Our clients share a common thread of needs from interior style to communication style. They also share a common brief of "I want to do it once and do it properly".
Over the years, Kate has worked with many talented and successful men to transform their home and office spaces.
Kate's longstanding passions for hi-end furniture, international and local design for penthouse apartments and luxury spaces allows her to understand and communicate the her interior style vision and create a truly amazing transformation for each client.
Kate’s professionalism, combined with interior design skills, experience and a 'quality over quantity' philosophy is encapsulated in the Designer Man Cave brand.
For the man who needs professional help finding and buying furniture and lighting, but doesn't know if Designer Man Cave is the service for him?
If you need assistance with your interior, or just want a few pointers on how to select the right furnishings and furniture to turn your home or office space into a space worth spending time in, then Kate can help you to define your interior style and create with you a space that reflects who you are.
- You don’t have time for anything except work, travel and somewhat of a social life
- You want very little involvement in the interior process
- You love outsourcing wherever possible
- You want and appreciate quality finishes and products
- You need help defining your interior style
- You want the full furniture service from start to finish
- You are starting from scratch and don’t have time to make an interior happen without the help of a designer
- Interior improvements don’t interest you but you know you need to update your home
- You rent (or own) and need help to make the space work as well as possible
- You want us to source furniture and finishes for you
- You need someone (who isn’t your Mum, sister or mate) to go furniture and homeware shopping with you
- You don't want furniture from Ikea, Kmart, Freedom etc and you would like to invest in good quality, long lasting pieces
- You want a home that reflects you but don’t know how to go about it
- You have completed renovations but need help with the furnishings and decor
- You are hands on and are happy to do the leg-work of creating your space
- You like to select all your own colours, finishes and furniture
- You are on a limited budget
- You are in a rush to complete it and need it done yesterday
- You are prefer to buy replica furniture than the real deal
- You prefer to shop from online retailers
- You are renovating and need assistance with much more than furniture, lighting and homewares
- You are not interested in high-end designer furniture
Designer Man Cave Interior Design services are charged at $200 + gst per hour, encompassing all your interior design services, including sourcing of furniture and soft furnishings, lighting and tailored homeware products for your space.
Our initial In home consultation to discuss your interior design vision and requirements for your space is $250 + gst.
If you are located outside the Sydney Metro Area, an additional travel fee will be applicable.
Our Design Services include:
- Initial in home consultation
- Project Budgeting
- Face-to face, email and phone / Skype meetings, regular correspondence with our Head Designer throughout the project.
- Customised design direction, site measuring, spatial planning and Scaled floorplans
- Sourcing of furniture, soft furnishings, homewares and lighting
- Recommendations for what you need to create your space and advice on what existing furniture to keep and what to replace
- Showroom visits, communication and co-ordinating your product selections and ordering with suppliers
- Finishes, fabric and colour selections
- Recommendations of tradespeople
- Managing deliveries, installation and overall interior styling
- After your initial contact with Designer Man cave, we will arrange an in-home consultation at a suitable time for you to discuss your Interior Design needs.
- Following the consultation, if you would like to engage our design services, we send you a Services Agreement, outlining our terms and conditions for the project.
- Throughout the process, we will keep you updated and informed and arrange meetings at each suitable stage as we progress.
- Once all your furniture is due to arrive, we will co-ordinate and manage an installation day so when you come home, your new styled space will be transformed and ready for you to enjoy!
We would appreciate your participation and availability as required throughout the process to ensure that your space is delivered to your satisfaction.
As a general guide, we would love you to be available for the following stages:
- Initial in-home consultation - This is where the design brief is discussed and created. We get straight to business about what you are looking for, your vision, your lifestyle, timeline, budget and how you see your space being transformed into a space that expresses who you are.
- Design direction presentation - You will meet with Kate who will present to you the visuals of the style that have been developed from the initial consultation. Kate will put forward her recommendations for your space and itemised budget estimation. Once you have agreed upon what has been presented, the sourcing of items for your design begins so that we can turn your vision into the reality of actual furnishing and decorating your space.
- Furniture, lighting and homewares sourced - Once sourced, we will meet to discuss your approval, along with the finalised budget, samples, finishes colours and scaled floorplans.
- Showroom visits - This will be planned around your schedule once we have sourced the items (where available to view). We understand that furniture needs to be comfortable for you, so for your peace of mind, we like to show you what you are purchasing and see and feel the quality before it is ordered. We understand that not all men love to shop, but we can assure you that we keep these visits simple, streamlined and enjoyable. Please allow about half a day.
Resourceful creative and a pleasure to do business with, Kate rises to the challenge of every project with professionalism enthusiasm and a smile that reassures.
Kate is a true professional matching her creativity with effective communication, presentation and decisive problem solving.
I've enjoyed working with Kate on both residential and commercial projects, it's been a pleasure helping exceed her client's expectation!
- Matthew, Space Furniture
I employed the services of Designer Man Cave to re-do my 2 storey town house in Surry Hills. I was looking to make a space for myself that was sophisticated and elegant with a masculine edge.
Kate was exceptional. She took a blank canvas, created a vision with me and executed that vision perfectly. She was extremely helpful, proactive, competent and professional. I commend her work strongly and recommend her without reservation to anyone looking to design and create a man cave space
Kate has truly been a dream to work with. I feel so fortunate to have found someone so brilliantly talented, motivated, honest and hard-working, to turn my idea into a stunningly beautiful reality! Her results and dedication to the job were far beyond my expectations. She took all the hard work and headaches away from me and made the entire experience a breeze! I can’t wait to find my next project so I can work with her again.
- Sara, Man Cave Sydney
Upon seeing Kate's impressive website, I knew that I had found my perfect Interior Designer. If you're looking for someone who understands how the male mind works and can add that all important feminine touch, then Kate should be on the top of your list.
I employed Kate to provide an in-home consult for direction on how to set up my new place. I was very impressed with her enthusiasm, professional attitude and talent. Not only was she open to my crazy ideas (i.e. motorbike in the living room), but she was also keen to provide ideas that would enhance and compliment the area. Kate's negotiation skills are exactly what I wanted from my Interior Designer and I can't see anyone else coming close to achieving what I want.
I am looking forward to big things with Kate and I know it will defintely be an investment that will pay off
Kate’s vision for Designer Man Cave utilises a considered elegance that emanates beauty through every detail. With each unique design, her friendly approach allows the clients personality to imprint on the space throughout the design process. The conversation between all elements within the final interior is only one side of Kate’s skills as a creative chameleon. I look forward to working with Kate again as she is resourceful, flexible, and such a lovely person to know
- Catherine, Own World Furniture and Lighting
Kate is a very professional and personable designer who assisted me in redecorating my apartment. She has an eye for detail and the skills to put it all together!