This is the “take it all off my hands” service for men who either don’t want to spend the time or don’t have the time to transform their home. All inclusive of design, planning, sourcing, organising, executing, project management, installation and styling…
Transforming a home and creating a completely customised space for each individual client is what I do best, from the initial design direction tailored for you and lifestyle, co-ordinating top notch tradesmen, right down to the perfect placement of furniture at the end. I’m a self-confessed perfectionist, which stands me in very good stead for what I do!
- You live in Sydney
- You work and/or travel a lot
- You hate shopping for furniture, finishes and homewares
- You like nice things, want nice things but don’t want to do it yourself
- You want a ‘Designer Man Cave’
- You do not DIY
- You want the full blown interior design service experience
- You have an interior budget of at least $50k
- There is a lot to complete, whether it be a lot of furniture and/or renovation
- You are starting fresh and have a blank canvas to work with
- You want a home that James Bond would be happy to live in
- You want to hand the keys over, have it done for you and return to a completed, livable space
- You are hands on and are happy to do the leg-work of creating your space
- You enjoy being involved in the process
- You are a DIY type of guy
- You are on a budget
- You only have 1-2 rooms to furnish
- You know what you want, but need some advice first
- You have your own tradesmen and just need some advice on selections before you set them to work
- You don’t need or want the full-blown interior design service
- You have completed renovations and buying the big furniture pieces but need help with the finishing touches
- (If this sounds you like you, check out the ADVISE PACKAGE)
How Does It Work
1 hour in-home consult to meet you and see your space. We discuss ideas, your wish list, budget, timeline and plan of attack. After which, we will meet again with a summary of the scope of your project, our design vision for you and a fee proposal. Consultation cost is $250 (incl gst) in the Sydney Metro area.
[ There is no obligation to move onto the next stages if you feel Designer Man Cave isn’t the right fit for you and your project. ]
With the brief complete and scope of works set, you can sit back and wait for the magic to happen. A ‘design direction’ is created for you to show you the overall look and feel, style and furniture ideas, colour scheme, estimated budget and estimated project timeline.
Once the design direction is approved, the sourcing begins, selections are made, tradesmen are confirmed (if renovation work is required), the budget is finalised and your complete custom design starts to come to life.
[ Stage 2 is charged as a set fee, subject to the requirements and size of your project ]
Before we press go....any amendments, additions and reviews to the scope of works and stage 2 are completed and once you are 100% happy with the overall vision, selections, budget and timeline, you can really sit back and relax.
[ Stage 3 is conducted at an hourly rate. My work and correspondence is logged in 15 minute intervals. Onsite callouts are charged at a minimum of 1 hour. ]
Let the transformation begin! I liaise with the suppliers and contractors, place all the orders, make the payments, project manage onsite, take care of all deliveries and storage until its time for installation day. Again, this is all done without you lifting a finger, dealing with ridiculous amounts of packaging or even being at home.
When you return home, you will be welcomed into a completed, transformed home that has been designed for you with upmost attention to detail.
[ Stage 4 is charged as a set fee, subject to the requirements and size of your project. ]
Personal shopping - for those bachelors who are starting fresh and need everything and don't enjoy shopping. I either take you shopping (to guide and help you make on the spot, quick decisions) or go shopping for you, to buy all those homewares and household items you need. In the past, I have stocked up my clients with everything from sheets and towels, to decorative items, to the downright practical, like glassware, cutlery, chopping boards and cheese graters.
Installation weekend – we work while you play (or relax). We take care of the installation of your new interior, so while we are busy doing that, we can pre-plan a weekend away for you, to wherever you like. You can kick back, enjoy some beers, play golf, have a hotel stay…whatever you like! When you return, your new home will be ready to live in.
Here's what our previous clients have to say:
I employed the services of Designer Man Cave to completely renovate my 2 storey town house in Surry Hills. I was looking to make a space for myself that was sophisticated and elegant with a masculine edge. Kate was exceptional. She took a blank canvas, created a vision with me and executed that vision perfectly. She was extremely helpful, proactive, competent and professional. I commend her work strongly and recommend her without reservation to anyone looking to design and create a man cave space
Some examples of my work
Click here to view more photos at the Designer Man Cave portfolio page.
If you are interested in transforming your man space to become a Designer Man Cave, we would love to hear about your project! Please fill out the form below and we will be in touch within 1-2 business days.